The First mentions of the Azov port meet in the beginning of 18 centuries (clearing of the Azov fortress of Turks Peter the Great).
In 1865 the deepening of the Azov sleeve has been made, and in 1888 the stone quay is constructed.
In 1904 the administration of Port has been generated. The basic business at that time was export of grain, fish and caviar. Later the Port began to process a wood and bulk cargoes such, as sand, gravel and other building materials for local and regional needs.
In 1992a. The Azov port is structural division of the Aieai-Don Shipping company.
In 1992a. The port gets the status of the independent enterprise.
In 1993a. The port is transformed to joint-stock company.
In December 1994a. The order of the government of the Russian Federation to port gives the status international.
In 1995a. The beginning of realization of the first stage of the investment program, allowed to carry out technical reequipment of port and to expand its throughput up to 2 iei. o/year.
In 1999a. The beginning of realization of the second stage of the investment program connected with construction of new cargo moorings and expansion of throughput of port up to 56 million o/year.
In November 2001a. New cargo moorings are put in operation.
In 2002 there is begun realization of the third stage of the investment program directed on the further escalating of industrial potential of port.
In 2004 delivery in operation of the grain terminal. There is begun designing the terminal under liquefied hydrocarbonic gas.
In 2005 delivery in operation of the container terminal is planned.